The project was to undertake secondary market research on the US organic speciality crops market.
The project covered
- Collecting Data on production and consumption of specialist crops in the US on a State/County basis
- Identifying the main buyers of locally grown produce in specific areas
“Jonathan was great to work with, had deep knowledge of the industry!”
- To provide market data with sources on Agriculture and Forestry within Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines;
- Information on the numbers Growers/Producers and Equipment providers for each industry;
- The % breakdown of numbers by geographical location within each country.
“Project executed well and in time.”
The aim of the project was to collect or estimate farm level costs of production for key agricultural commodities in each country, including the cost of land. The commodities covered were rice, maize, potatoes, broiler meat and milk for Peru, and maize, sugar cane, milk, beef and poultry meat for Venezuela. The production costs were presented in terms of local currency and US dollars per MT of commodity produced or on a per hectare basis. In the absence of official or other published data estimates were made by bench-marking with data from other Latin American countries.
“Thank you for finding great data”